Thornybush Game Lodge offers unrivaled big game viewing is complemented by elegant accommodation and sublime cuisine.
Adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park, within the famous Thornybush Nature Reserve is the Collection’s largest operation, Thornybush Game Lodge. Registered by the Tourism authorities as a 5-star offering, this Lodge is renowned for small groups, bush weddings, milestone birthday celebrations or business indaba’s.
Whilst the size of the Lodge attracts special gatherings, the configuration of the self-contained luxury suites provides for privacy and solitude for couples and smaller groups visiting this special Lodge. Whether you are a couple looking for an exclusive, romantic, private safari; a family looking to occupy your little ones or a Group with a diverse range of requirements, Thornybush Game Lodge is the place. Thornybush Game Lodge also hosts a sixty seater conference centre located conveniently two minutes walk from the Lodge Reception areas. A state of the art newly constructed beauty spa facility tops the agenda for discerning guests visiting this well known Lodge.
Accommodation options include 18 Luxury Suites and 2 Family Suites. In addition to the 20 guest Suites, Thornybush Game Lodge also has 2 Pilot/Guide rooms Warm African safari evenings under the stars make Thornybush Game Lodge an ideal home away from the world. The sheer enjoyment of un-spoilt nature, the invigorating air and the open vistas, will leave you relaxed and energised for your return to civilisation.
The luxury suites are superbly equipped and furnished in the lavish style befitting this five-star resort. Calming, muted tones and dark wood are used throughout to enhance the tranquil atmosphere of your surroundings, and the furnishings and accoutrements are of the highest standard. The en-suite bathroom features a double basin, large bath overlooking the savannah, indoor and outdoor showers. All suites have air-conditioning and feature a mini-bar.
All the suites have private wooden decks, with comfortable seating, overlooking the reserve and waterhole. Here you can take some time-out to gather your thoughts, catch forty winks or update your journal, while enjoying the benefits of fresh air, sunshine and peaceful surroundings.
The family suites feature a private plunge pool on the deck. Another extra in these units is the lounge which has a sleeper couch to accommodate two children. These large villas cater for a maximum of two adults and two children younger than twelve. Apart from being more spacious, the family suites are furnished and decorated in the same opulent style as the luxury suites.
Room facilities include:
- Mini Bar.
- Safe in room.
- Separate Bath and Shower.
- Outside shower.
- Tea and coffee making facilities.
Thornybush Private Game Lodge offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Rovers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the “Big Five”, 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
Kids at Thornybush Game Lodge have a special program prepared for them prior to their arrival that includes:
- On arrival, they receive a complimentary pack which will keep them entertained & occupied during their stay
- Children are allocated to specific rangers who enjoy interacting with younger guests
- Drives and activities can be tailored to suit children’s interests and attention span
- Kids can enjoy a relaxing spa experience at Thornybush Game Lodge with 100% natural products free from artificial preservatives, colouring and fragrances. (Additional cost)
- Walks are designed to ensure that their safety is taken into account and that they experience activities they might not normally do in the city
- Meal requirements and venues are provided if required by parents
- Baby sitters are available. (Additional cost)Menu’s specially prepared for children
Some of the activities offered for kids include:
- Picnics next to the Pool: Packed lunch including sandwiches and fruit, eaten on a blanket, next to the pool
- Educational Walks with Rangers: Short walks with their own ranger pointing out insects, tracks of animals, trees & interesting facts
- Treasure Hunt: Children have to find clues around the lodge using books from the library, to get to their treasure.(a little something supplied by parents)
- Baking: Children spend time baking sweet treats (supervised). These treats are then presented to parents at afternoon tea
Kids can get their very own ‘Ranger in Training’ pack consisting of:
- Canvas back pack
- Colouring book
- Safari interactive toy to assist the little ‘Ranger in Training
Contact us for a tailor-made package today!
Our travel consultants are on hand to put together an itinerary to suit your every travel need. Our quick response time means that you get the holiday of your dreams without the wait.