Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the heart of the world-renowned Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. This intimate, family-friendly camp is built on the banks of the Nhlaralumi River.
Shaded by age old Jackalberry and Leadwood trees, Simbavati River Lodge is warm and welcoming, with a generous contemporary design and accommodation for guests in luxury tented rooms or thatched chalets. A beautiful watercourse in the summer months when rain is plentiful, and a dry riverbed in the drier winter months.
Simbavati River Lodge is a child-friendly safari camp with three family chalets available, each with two separate bedrooms sharing one bathroom. One of the family chalets can accommodate five persons, whilst the other two family chalets can accommodate four persons.
The luxurious tented accommodation offers generous bush or water views from your own private viewing deck. Tents are spaced adequately far apart to ensure privacy, and they have all of the amenities to ensure a luxurious and comfortable stay.
- 8 Luxury en-suite safari tents.
- 3 Thatched en-suite family chalets.
- Lounge with a selection of books and games.
- Curio shop.
- Game viewing deck overlooking the river.
- Dining on the viewing deck.
- Open air boma.
- Informal meeting room/activity room.
- Swimming pool.
- Wi-Fi in reception, lounge & deck (but very little cell phone reception).
- Wheel chair friendly.
The lodge offers Big 5 game drives in the early morning and late afternoon/evening to ensure game viewing when the animals are most active. Nocturnal animals, including the big cats are regular sightings at night. Currently there are over 40 mammal species in the Timbavati including the Big 5 of lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant as well as 360 species of bird life.
- Early morning tea/coffee overlooking the river on the deck.
- Game drive (approx 3+ hours) including a coffee/tea stop in the bush.
- Mid morning breakfast/brunch on the dining deck.
- Time at leisure (use of the swimming pool, books and board games on offer, relax in the lounge area and use the free Wi-Fi, cocktails.
- n the deck or take a look around our well stocked curio shop).
- Afternoon high tea (combination of high tea & Lunch) on the dining deck.
- Afternoon/evening game drive (approx 3+ hours). With a sundowners stop in the bush.
- Dinner on the deck or sometimes around the fire in the open air boma (weather permitting).
Contact us for a tailor-made package today!
Our travel consultants are on hand to put together an itinerary to suit your every travel need. Our quick response time means that you get the holiday of your dreams without the wait.