Simbavati Hilltop Lodge guarantees an exclusive, authentic and unforgettable African Safari experience.
At Simbavati Hilltop Lodge, enjoy magnificent views of the bush, the Nhlaralumi River and the distant foothills of the Drakensberg Mountain Range from the vantage point of the beautiful small koppie on which the lodge is situated. Accommodation is pure African safari, and comprises of individual pavilion-style luxury tents, arranged to create a unique village feel. Each suite comprises two individual tents – one for the main bedroom, and a separate bathroom, which is linked by a passage that can be opened up on one side – allowing for an indoor or private outdoor shower experience. Privacy is guaranteed thanks to the careful placement of the tented-suites, ensuring a tranquil and intimate stay.
The lodge has 8 luxurious safari tents, offering king-size or twin-bed options The en-suite bathroom tent is connected to main tent via a small passage, with an opening to the outdoors that gives you an indoor or private twin shower outdoor shower option.
The lodge offers Big 5 game activities in the early morning and late afternoon/evening, taking advantage of the time of day that the animals are naturally most active. Nocturnal creatures – including the big cats – are regular sightings at night. Currently over 40 mammal species are listed as resident in the Timbavati, including the Big 5 – Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant, as well as endangered species including Wild Dogs and Cheetah. There is an abundance of birdlife, with a total of 360 species of bird listed.
Your day includes:
- Early morning tea/coffee, a selection of fresh fruit and pastries on the deck overlooking the river.
- Game activity (approximately 3+ hours) including a coffee/tea stop in the bush.
- Mid-morning breakfast/brunch (continental and full hot breakfast).
- Leisure time – enjoy the use of the infinity pool overlooking spectacular views of the distant Drakensberg Mountains. Alternatively, relax in the lounge/bar area, avail of the free Wi-Fi on offer, or simply allow your mind to wander while sipping a refreshing cocktail, and watching the wildlife at the Nhlaralumi River.
- Lunch (A la carte or chef’s specials).
- Afternoon High Tea (tea or coffee and freshly baked sweet and savoury treats).
- Afternoon/evening game activity (approximately 3+ hours), which includes a bushveld Sundowner break. Alternatively, embark on a prearranged bush walk, and be back at camp in time to enjoy sundowners while watching the sun sink below the horizon.
- Dinner of African-inspired cuisine is served on the deck, or – weather permitting – around the fire in the open-air boma.
Contact us for a tailor-made package today!
Our travel consultants are on hand to put together an itinerary to suit your every travel need. Our quick response time means that you get the holiday of your dreams without the wait.