Enrich your life by taking a trip to Machaton Private Camp in the vast plain of the Timbavati Private Game Reserve.
Machaton Private Camp is situated in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve, which is a wildlife-rich concession of land adjoining the western border of the Kruger National Park. The amalgamation of public and private land in the area forms “The Greater Kruger Park” area. There are no fences between the Timbavati and the Kruger National Park, which allows for the free movement of the animals between the Reserves.
The camp consists of a main building which features a lounge, kitchen and covered veranda, as well as 3 individual luxury suites. Each suite offers a large en-suite bedroom, a well-appointed bathroom with an outdoor shower, a day room with a sumptuous daybed and a large terrace, allowing guests to either enjoy the main areas together or retreat in private to the suite.
Privacy is guaranteed thanks to the careful placement of the suites and privacy walls, ensuring a tranquil and intimate stay. Safaris are conducted in Machaton Private Camp’s private 4×4 vehicle. Interpretive bush walks can be organised by prior arrangement and subject to availability. Machaton Private Camp may be booked either on a sole-use basis or per suite basis and includes a field guide & tracker, butler, chef, housekeeper and groundsman. We have 3 luxurious suites with a king-size bed and a double sized daybed. The en-suite bathroom is accessed through the main bedroom and offers a double basin, bath and outdoor shower.
- Game-viewing terrace overlooking the river.
- Plunge pool, with panoramic views of the Nhlaralumi River.
- Covered lounge and dining area.
- Lounge, offering a selection of books and board games.
- Limited Wi-Fi connectivity.
- In-room spa treatments.
- Low level electric fence.
- No children under 12 years of age unless the camp is booked for sole use.
- A large private game viewing patio with sun loungers, lounge seating and umbrella.
- Mini bar with drinks and snacks.
- Coffee and tea-making facilities.
- Complimentary eco-friendly, biodegradable products.
- Eco-friendly insect spray.
- Electric blankets for the winter period.
- Laundry services.
- Safe for storing valuables.
- Hair dryer.
Two guided game drives are offered daily, scheduled at the guests’ leisure. Guides provide insight into the workings of the bushveld, the traits of the animals seen on the drive and the diverse terrain and plant life, varying from flat planes to rocky outcrops and hilly landscapes. The Klaserie Drift Safari Camps are home to a wide variety of predators, including lion, leopard, smaller cats, spotted hyenas, jackals and wild dogs. As such, the thrill of witnessing a kill looms around every corner. Buffalo, rhino, hippo, giraffe, elephant, a variety of buck, an array of birdlife, baboons, monkeys and mongooses can be spotted daily – to name but a few.
Contact us for a tailor-made package today!
Our travel consultants are on hand to put together an itinerary to suit your every travel need. Our quick response time means that you get the holiday of your dreams without the wait.